Hazlewoods of Coventry built motorcycles from 1911 to 1924
1876 Company established in West Orchard, Coventry.
1911 The Hazlewood was first introduced as one model fitted with
a 2.75hp JAP
engine, belt drive to a three-speed Armstrong
rear hub and Druid forks. The pedals
1912 Spennell's lists them at West Orchard, Coventry (Tel. 109) and manufacurers
1912 A Colonial model was in production for South Africa.
1912 Listed in Spennell's directory of Coventry as Cycle Manufacturers.
1913 A twin was added to the range, powered by a 3.5hp or 5hp JAP
engine. The smaller version retained the hub gear, but the larger fitted
the hub as a countershaft gearbox driven by chain, and keeping the belt
1914 The range continued.
1915-1916 For both years there was also a single with a 3.5hp JAP
engine driving the countershaft gearbox.
1920 After the war they returned to the listings with only a 5-6hp, 654cc
V-twin fitted with their own three-speed gearbox with chain-cum-belt drive.
1921 The range was extended to add a larger 976cc V-twin and the option
of all-chain drive for both.
1921 Only chain drive was used and the twins were joined by 292cc and 488cc
sv singles with JAP
1923 The range was cut to the 292cc single, and the 654cc twin which had
a choice of transmissions.
1924 Was the final year and only a 678cc V-twin was produced.