LMC were motorcycles produced by them 1903 to 1922.
1903 The first machines were built using the name of the owner, W. J. Lloyd, who was also involved with Quadrant Cycle Co for a time. W. J. Lloyd was a component maker and the early motorcycles were constructed using stock parts from his stores, fitted with Stevens engines. They were typical of the period.
1907 Incorporated as a limited company. Later that year Walter left Quadrant after a substantial disagreement and began his own business.
1908 By now the machines were being sold as LMC, and their 3½ hp single was joined by a 2¾ hp vertical twin, devoid of cooling fins. Cooling was meant to be from the flow of air between the separate cylinders. Although the company claimed that overheating was not a problem, that engine was not seen again.
1910 Cycle and Motorcycle Exhibition
Lloyd Motor and Engineering Co.
132 Monument Road, Birmingham. Stand No. 95a.
The 1910 model L.M.C. has proved good enough to retain without substantial alteration for 1911; but an alternative pattern is introduced for short riders, the frame of this being brought down some 3ins. lower at the back so that the reach from the saddle to the ground is only 27ins. The L.M.C. Auto Vans pulley and free engine, and L.M.C. footboard starting device form prominent features, while something of a novelty consists in a pillion seat with footboard, rail and guard for a lady passenger. The most interesting item, however, is the new model T.T. pattern, especially the engine, which is to be seen, but on account of pending patents cannot be described at present.
1912 A larger single was added.
1914 Two-speed gearing was used.
1914 Listed as motor cycle manufacturers. Speciality: LMC motorcycles.
1915 A V-twin model joined the range. For an extra two pounds one could have the firm's own LMC two-speed countershaft gearbox. A three-speed S.A. countershaft gearbox was six pounds more expensive.
1916 Other transmission options were offered, including a counter-shaft gearbox.
1919 After the end of World War I, the make returned with a 597cc single and an 842cc V-twin, both with three-speed gearbox.
1920 Only the twin was offered, but it was also available in overseas form with a larger tank and different suspension.
1921 A 960cc V-twin joined the smaller, both had all-chain drive, but there was an option of belt for the 842cc.
1922 These two ran on for the year and then production ceased.
Source: Graces Guide