There were two Lloyd firms, but this was the earliest and was founded by W. A. Lloyd - see Lloyd Firms
They used their own 2 hp engine and primitive fittings.
Report from the 1902 Stanley Show
Motor Cycling, 26th November 1902
Report from the 1905 Stanley Show
The 2½ h.p. Lloyd motor bicycle for 1906, although it does not possess any startling new features, is well made and well finished. All the control levers work in the same direction, and are fitted on the same side of the tank. The most interesting feature about Messrs. W. A. V. Lloyd's tricar; is the system of springing.
The front and rear seats and footboards are all completely insulated from the other portion of the frame by means of semi-elliptical springs. This appears to be the most simple way of overcoming the difficulty of springing a tricar. The motor power is a 6 h.p. engine, which drives by means of chains to a gear box having two speeds.
The Motor Cycle, 27th November 1905
W. A. Lloyds Cycle Fittings Ltd, of Clyde Works, Birmingham.
1879 Established, presumably as W. A. Lloyd and Co.
1897 Name changed to W. A. Lloyds Cycle Fittings
1898-1903 Annual reports in Coventry Archives
1903 Made motorcycles
1905 Made a three-wheeler
1908 Offered men's and ladies' lightweight racers as well as the usual range of Lloyd cycles.
Presumably later became W. A. Lloyds Cycles at Clyde Works, Droitwich (near Worcester).
1940 At the same address was W. A. Lloyd Cycles, maker of "Dreadnought" cycles
W. A. Lloyds Alloys, also of Droitwich, advertised aluminium ladders in the 1960s. This firm was acquired by Birmid Industries in 1965. By then all connection with the motorcycle trade had long ceased.
Source: Graces Guide