1939 Acquired premises in Thorpe Street, Birmingham
A motorcycle was exhibited at the Earls Court Show late in 1938. It differed from the rest in using an 80cc two-stroke engine of their own design, made for them by Levis. The engine drove a clutch mounted on a counter-shaft with chain drive from the unit to the rear wheel. The whole unit was mounted above the bottom bracket of the heavy-duty it drove.
1940s Although the machine was well thought out, it failed to survive the war. During that time HEC merged with Butterfield Brothers.
N.B. Not to be confused with Hewins Engineering Company (aka HEC) who merged with Levis in the 40s.