Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.
Kerry motorcycles were produced from 1902 to 1915, and again from 1960 to 1967.
In the early days these machines were sold by the East London Rubber Co, of Shoreditch. They were built by Sarolea and fitted with Belgian CIE (Pieper) and FN engines, in a loop frame with curved downtube. As a high-built primitive, it had belt drive and braced forks. Engines were of different sizes and there was also a ladies' model.
Report from the 1902 Stanley Show
Motor Cycling, 26th November 1902
1906 onwards. After the death of Alfred Kerry the parent company, East India Rubber, was acquired by Abingdon and the firm added V-twins to the range. Soon, using those engines, they were sold as the Kerry-Abingdon, and models included those fitted with a 3hp single and a 6hp V-twin. It is unclear when the ties with Sarolea were broken, if at all they were before production ceased after the outbreak of war.
1915 Having continued in the same vein for some years, due to the war production halted in December 1915.
1960-1967 The name reappeared on a range of imported mopeds. These were sold as the Kerry Capitano.
Source: Graces Guide