The first owner of this machine was Russel WM Ward, thought to have been a motorcycle dealer in the Norwich area.
In 1934 it was acquired by Frederick Miles Quantrell of Norwich, a well-known Panther enthusiast who used it daily for the next 21 years, until 1955 when it was laid up. On Fred's passing in 1989 it was bequeathed to his nephew, John Quantrell Jnr, who had it professionally restored in 1995.
A more detailed history is available at H and H.
UK Auction House specialising in Historic and Classic Motorcycles, British, European and American.
More information: H&H Classic Auctions