Norton Big Four
Produced for nearly five decades, they were built postwar with 596cc sidevalve engines until 1954.
Norton Model 16H 490cc
Introduced in the early 1920s, development of the sturdy sidevalve machine continued until 1954.
Norton Model 18 490cc
The OHV machine entered the market in 1922, and remained in the catalogues until 1953.
Norton Model 19 600cc
Popular as a sidecar mount in the 1920s and 30s, the long-stroke OHV Model 19 re-appeared after WWII in two versions, the 19R with a rigid rear end, and the 19S with rear suspension.
Norton Model 50 350cc
Available in the mid to late 30s, the OHV Model 50 reappeared in 1955 and remained in the catalogue into the 60s.
Norton ES2 500cc
The OHV ES2 enjoyed a production run lasting over 30 years, and was available throughout the 1950s.
In the 1950s Dominator Models 7, 77, 88 and 99 were produced, and several had the McCandless Featherbed frame. Model 7 and Model 88 had 497cc ohv twin cylinder engines. The Model 77 had a 596cc engine, as had the Model 99.
The International 500cc (Model 30) and 350cc (Model 40) overhead cam road-going sports machines entered series production in the early 1930s and were marketed until 1957.
The Manx Norton was by far the most popular racing machine during the days of the Grand Prix Circus. Both long-stroke and short-stroke 350 and 500cc versions were available in the 1950s.
Norton Jubilee 250cc
The Jubilee 250 twin was introduced in 1958. The unit-construction engine was designed by Bert Hopwood.
Norton 500T Competition Trials
851 of the 500T machines were produced between 1949 and 1954, of which 74 were exported to the United States. These were fitted with an Amal 276 carburettor and a Smiths chronometric speedometer.