Parts and Service for Bevel and Belt Drive Ducati. Huge stocks - Worldwide delivery. Est. 1977.
Christian Bynum's Classic BMW Motorcycles: Technical Information
Home > Motorcycles > Technical
I maintain the following pages on technical aspects of classic BMW motorcycles and their restoration:The following are external links to additional techical information:
BMW /5 Repairs and Maintenance (/5 United)
- Paint Codes for BMW Motorcycles 1970-84 -- Courtesy of Robert "da Bum" Fleischer
- Modifications for Performance -- Another great page for Airhead riders and racers from da Bum!
- Airhead Tech Articles (Internet BMW Riders)
- Duane Ausherman's BMW Tech Pages
- Dell'Orto Carburetor Tuning Guide (for the R90S)
- BMW VIN Decoder -- A handy reference for year/model of those mystery frames & engines
- Electrical System Wiring Diagrams for Airheads -- In color!
- Installing Turn Signals with an S Fairing -- An easy, detailed how-to by Jerry Cook
- Installing Hella Bar-End Turn Signals -- For that retro look! By Craig Vechorik
- Testing the Airhead Diode Board -- By Rob Frankham
- www.vintagebmw.org Vintage BMW Technical Q&A -- Solutions to common maintenance issues for /2 motorcycles
- Rekeying a Lock Core -- By Butch Hays