In 1899 Chavanet, Gros, Pichard et Cie was founded, and that year a machine was displayed bearing the clover-leaf marque at the Paris Salon which closely resembled the De Dion-Bouton. There appears to have been a dispute with De Dion, who was a mite miffed.
It has been suggested that these engines were supplied to Butler and possibly Phébus.
During this period the firm advertised tricycles, quadricycles and voiturettes. In 1901 Chavanet and Gros left the company, which then folded.