Dalwood Bros were located at 66 Regent St. Sydney from around 1913 (name only in Dec 1913, no details). The firm was still at this address in 1926, using the name R.C. Dalwood. By this time motorcycles rarely featured in advertisements.
Saward dates them as 1916 or earlier, mentioning Precision and JAP engines.
MOTOR CYCLES for Sale, Twin and Singles, Side Cars.
Dalwood Bros., 66 Regent St. Sydney.
The Sydney Morning Herald Wed 21 Apr 1915
G.W. Davidge Saddlery Motor & Cycle Works of Narracoorte, South Australia, built bicycles to which engines were attached in 1913-1916.
In 1916 they were agents for Excelsior motorcycles, and advertised "Motor Cycles and Pushbikes built on the Premises."
...Mr. G.W. Davidge, of Narracoorte, made a splendid display of harness and leatherware on a stand outside the pavilion. The exnibit comprise! light and heav. harness, riding saddles, and stable requisites, all characterised by excellent finish. The "Davidge" saddles, for riding and breaking, were much admired by visitors on the ground, Mr. Davidge also showed motor and free-wheel bicycle, the latter built by the firm on the premises and bearing "The Davidge" name.
The Narracoorte Herald (SA) Tue 6 Oct 1914
Bicycles were still being advertised in 1924, but the Davidge motorcycle appeared to vanish around 1919.
Source: Trove NLA
Manufactured by Davies-Franklin Cycle Co., Ltd of Ballarat, Victoria. 1904~1913
A 1913 model was fitted with a JAP engine using a frame from AG Healing. That year the business was sold to WH Leech.
Mortimer Franklin and WP Davies established the firm in 1895. The Sturt Street workshops built bicycles and all manner of components, and by 1904 Davies-Franklin had the largest bicycle factory in the country, with 60 employees and an extensive sales network marketing their product across Australia. It became very well known in the years prior WWI.
Ballarat, 7th October.
The City Court was crowded today when Mortimer Franklin, founder and managing director of the Davies-Franklin Co. Ltd., motor and cycle manufacturers, was charged with having assaulted a girl aged 14 years 11 months, on 5th October. A young woman named Kathleen Norman was also charged with having procured the girl in question.
Bendigo Advertiser Thu 8 Oct 1908
Both of the accused were found guilty, and were each sentenced to six months’ imprisonment.
The Mercury (Hobart, Tas.) Monday 7 December 1908
FIRE AT A GARAGE
MELBOURNE, August 23. The Davies-Franklin Cycle Company's garage, in Gheringhap street, Geelong, was gutted by fire to-day, and the contents, including three motor cars, were destroyed. It is supposed that the fire occurred through an employee dropping a lighted match on to an oil-saturated floor.
Evening Journal (Adelaide, SA) Thu 24 Aug 1911
Davis Bros of South Australia built motorcycles named Davis-Jap and Davis-Forward in the years 1914-1916. They also built bicycles and advertised the "Davis Standard Model Cycle". Their address was Payneham Road St. Peters (or Stepney). Stepney and St Peters are adjoining suburbs of Adelaide.
They may also have had premises at 196 Rundle St. Kent Town, about 3km from Stepney.
Source: Trove NLA
Manufactured by Drysdale Motorcycle Co. of Melbourne
Four of these machines have been built to date (Mar 2021) - two 750cc and two 1000cc. Three of them are in Sports format and one of the 1000's is naked. They are built to order using engines and components specified by the customer. Models include the 1000cc Drysdale Bruiser, one of which was stolen in 2015.
Drydale was also responsible for the equally remarkable 2WD Dryvtech.
Sources: Ian Drysdale, et al