Speedway Workshop

The DT Rudge (1928)

img

The Rudge made its first appearance in 1928, and as was the fashion of that time, the machine came with additional bracing struts. These proved disastrous and were hastily removed by the 1930 season.

The Rudge Whitworth engine had four valves per cylinder, over fourty years before they became standard. This engine was developed as the Rudge Python and was widely used in competition machines. These included Stylson, Rhony'x, Miller Balsamo, Eysink, Imperia, AJW, Vittoria, Ganna and many more.

IOE

Python Four Valve Head

Rudge Python 250, 350 and 500cc engines were introduced in 1931. Borgo used 4V heads in 1920.


About the Speedway Workshop Archive
Road & Race Motorcycles
Road and Race Motorcycles

European Cafe Racer Specialists - Ducati, Laverda, Moto Guzzi, MV Agusta... Spare Parts and Restorations