Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.
The Farman brothers (Henri, Maurice and Richard) built a motor-tricycle using a De Dion-Bouton 1 ¾hp engine in 1899. Henri Farman is the man who coined the term aileron. The Farman brothers were best known for their aircraft - they built more than 200 types and two them took part in the 1932 Tour de France des avions de tourisme.
They were associated with the British firm Hopper
Sources: Bourdache, mini.43.free.fr/farman.html, aviafrance.com, et al
Faure & Bayle
Founded in 1922 by André Faure and Claude Bayle at 94 Rue St Roch in St Etienne
Manufactured frames, motorcycle parts and light motorcycles. Between 1922 and 1925 they built single-speed machines powered by 125cc and 175cc Massardier engines.
The company ceased trading in 1926, and Faure became a works rider at Royal Moto.
Source: Motos dans la Loire
Faure Jean and Durbize Barthélémy of 2 place Desnoette, St Etienne, built bicycle and motorcycle frames and components from early in 1920.
Source: Motos dans la Loire
Built lightweights using 98 and 123 cc two-stroke engines from Aubier Dunne and Stainless
Sources: Tragatsch p134, wikipedia.nl
Around 1908 the bicycle firm is understood to have built motorcycles and tricycles fitted with Z.L. engines.
They appear unrelated to the products of Adolphe Clément.
Entered the the M.C.F. competition, ridden by Demmler.
Bourdache pp 233, 435
Established 1898, they built the Centaure in 1900.
In 1905, Flinois-Bonnel were established at 15 bis, Route de la Révolte, Neuilly
Bourdache pp 432, 435, 444.
Post-war they produced 100cc BMA lightweights.
Établissements F. Simon of Agen built mopeds using De Boxon engines which were marketed under a number of brand names including Elite (Agen), Esper, Mondia, Prester (Agen), Semper and Sport.
1. Esper is a brand associated with another manufacturer (Moreau), as is Prester. This information needs clarification.
2. An advertisement for F. Simon & S.I.F. gives the address as 154 Avenue Pasteur, Troyes.
Source: The Moped Archive (globalnet.co.uk), et al.
Participated in the M.C. competition in Lyon, April 4, 1902
There is also an Italian Fulgor marque in the 1920s, unrelated.
Manufactured by Édouard Cannevel and Jean-Joachim Journaux
Built bicycle attachment engines named Fulgur in 1907, perhaps earlier. The Journaux firm is also known for the Tractocyclette.
Several firms used the Fulgur name; see Disambiguation
Manufactured by Établissements Taillandier of 61 Rue de la Prévoyance, Vincennes
Presented a Fulguretta 50cc scooter1 at the 1952 Foire de Paris and the Salon de Paris, powered by most likely a VLT or Lavalette engine. The firm also made motorcycle trailers, the M100 for motorcycles and the M50 for lightweights (pour velomoteur et derny).
1. This information requires verification.
Source: Amis Terriens, period advertising.
There was also a Fulgur engine, 1903.