Owned by Ravat, the brand was established in 1922 in Saint Etienne and built bicycles, sewing machines and, in the 1950s, mopeds powered by Vap 4 engines.
Source: Motos dans la Loire
10 rue Barbès, Levallois - Perret (Seine)
Around 1899 these motorcycles and tricycles were built fitted with Le Sphinx engines. A motorcycle rescued from a scrapyard in 1972 was part of the Guélon Collection
Flat-tank two-stroke. Appears to be late 1920s. Built by Bonnet & Guyonnet.
Darmont 1927 750cc - 7 Cv - Supersport 3 wheels, 2 gears, no reverse gear, built under license to Morgan.
1st place 1934 Bol d'Or
1905. Tricar with Quentin (J.Quentin) engine and Bozier gearbox.
49cc mopeds built at the Peugeot factory in the 1950s. It is not clear whether the brand was owned by Peugeot.
"Nouvelle Bicyclette a Moteur Davy. Fabrication des Cycles Peugeot. Beaulieu - Valentigney (Doubs)"
The firm manufactured components such as brakes, pedals and wheel rims in the 1950s. Their address was the same as that of Samir, at 10 rue Emile Zola, St Etienne. Samir made Samimox wheels which were fitted to Flandria.
Source: Motos dans la Loire
Became the Aiglon marque.
Bourdache p146, p429
Their 1948 model has a four-stroke AMC 108cc engine, girder fork and rigid rear.
In the mid-1950s they built three-wheeled microcars powered by Ydral engines.
Sources: La Moto Francaise, et al.
Established in 1998 by the brothers Jean-Michel and Pierre-Jean Dedôm
Rue de la Poudrerie, ZI Franchises – 52200 Langres
Builds touring, sports and off-road sidecars.
In his workshop at No. 1 Avenue du Roule, Neuilly, M. Degré built a Minerva-powered 233cc motorcycle which he presented at the London show of 1902. The marque existed until at least 1906, but at that stage was producing front suspension, not complete motorcycles. An example of the machine dated c.1903 was part of the Guélon Collection.
Sources: Guélon Collection
Manufactured by Delaplace Ets
The Horsy scooter appeared at the 1952 Salon powered by an 85cc Le Poulain engine. It did not enter production.
Source: Amis Terriens
DeLaurier and Morin 1869
Motorcycle involved in the 1903 M.C.F. competition.
Motorcycle exhibited at the Paris Salon of 1898 (15/26 December)
Petrol-engined bicycle cited by the magazine Touring Club de France, 1902
It is possible D.E.M and Ets Demade are related.
La Moto Francaise
4 avenue Carnot, Paris
Motorcycle classified 8th of the criterium of the motorcycles the 24 of October of 1901, ridden by De Ridder.
Machine exhibited at the 1902 Salon.
3 and 5 Rue Jouvenet, Paris, 1906.
Motos and Tricars with integral suspension.
See also Mauxion & Devinant 1903, same address.
Manufactured by Ets Smagghe of Seclin (near Lille) in 1954.
Established as a bicycle manufacturer in 1896, Smagghe built mopeds named Diane with Le Poulain engines.
The DJ 1200 was an unusual motorcycle with hub-centre steering, powered by a Peugeot 204 1130cc inline four. The endurance racer failed to qualify for the Bol d'Or.
Sources: appeldephare.com, Moto Revue No. 2452, March 6, 1980
Ets Diem, 28-30 rue de Borrégo, Paris 20
Built 33cc and 48cc cycle attachment engines 1948-54. These were fitted to the Dupont invalid carriage, among others.
Source: La Moto Francaise
Jules Zimmermann et Cie
10 rue Emile Allez, Paris
Based in Savoie, Jean-Louis Damois has been building sidecars since 1993. Several models are offered including touring, sports and offroad.
Sources: dj-sidecars.fr, et al
Participated in an event at the 1904 La Provence Sportive
Motorised bicycle displayed at the 1900 exhibition in Vincennes
Manufactured by M.A Dumas fils of Champigny-sur-Marne, 1902-1903.
The three-wheeler was powered by a Buchet 4.5hp engine mounted behind the front wheel which it drove by chain. A bench seat accomodated two, and steering was by steering wheel.
Sources: 3-wheelers.com, Wikipedia DE, et al
Tricycle exhibited at the Salon des Tuileries in 1899
Dupont Voiture a Moteur, Hautefeuille, Paris (VI)
48cc engine by Diem. Invalid carriage, mid 1930s, and probably later.
Source: Period advertising
Manufactured a De Dion engined motorcycle in Maubeuge (North), exhibited at the 2nd Salon (10/25 December 1901)
Ets. Motorcycles Durand of Abbeville fitted Zürcher sidevalve and OHV engines to frames of their own manufacture.
Sources: Tragatsch p123, wikipedia.nl
Manufactured by Charles Dupont in Lille, 1950-1957
Name derived from DURal AVIAtion, as the frame is made from aluminium alloy.
They used Myster engines and no doubt others. One model was all but identical to the 1946 Meca-Dural built by Mercier. In 1957 they formed an association with Lucer of Hazebrouck which later merged with Alcyon.
Motocyclette of 1903
56 rue des Arts in Levallois-Perret (Seine)
Built in the 1920s, they were best known for their "rotary-valve" 175cc and 250cc 2-strokes which were fitted to many marques such as Dé-Dé, Rochester, G.D, Propul-Cycle, DS-Malterre, Vog and Charles Gerald.
Crankcase induction was via a hole in the crankshaft in the main bearing area. These were relatively complex engines and probably more expensive than the competitors.
Dutheil-Chalmers et Cie
Took part in the M.C.F. concours d'endurance of 1903. A patent for a motorcycle was taken in 1901 by the same company.
Rarer French Marques