emu
BSA Motorcycles

BSA 250cc MC1 1954

BSA-1954-250cc-MC1-SMM-PA-031.jpg
Designed by Bert Hopwood, previously of Norton, the project began in 1950 as a four valve OHC machine destined for the road. Only one prototype was constructed which performed remarkably well, achieving a lap of 167 km/h unfaired. The machine did not enter production.

The Sammy Miller Museum is an historically important collection of road and competition motorcycles which focuses on the golden age of the sport in the 1950s and 60s. The collection includes some of the most outstanding machines ever raced, and almost all are in running order. Many have been lovingly restored, and some have been left with their original patina. More information here: The Sammy Miller Museum


Fine photography by Phil Aynsley


< Prev Next > Index