This page lists brand names beginning with the letter "O" for which limited historical information is currently available.
For a more complete listing visit the German Index.
Singen-Hohentwiel, Hegaustraße 9
Motorcycle racer Eugene Oberle built machines using Villiers 147cc and 172c two-stroke engines.
An example has been displayed at Oldtimer Museum Meßkirch.
Source: Tragatsch p234, motor-hist-foto.de
Manufactured by Vahle & Oberwetter of Bielefeld, 1921-1942
Initially a producer of frames and chassis components, the partnership ceased in 1925 and Heinrich Oberwetter began building complete motorcycles using mostly Kühne engines of up to 500cc until at least 1928. Component production continued until 1942.
Source: GTU Oldtimerservice
Oda Werke AG, Hamburg 1925-1926
Built lightweights and bicycle attachement engines of 183cc
Built motorcycles using a 425cc three-port two-stroke of their own manufacture.
Source: Tragatsch p236
Otto Hoffmann designed this motorcycle which used a 490cc JAP sidevalve engine.
Source: Tragatsch p237
Using JAP 173, 346 and 490cc sidevalve and ohv engines, the firm produced motorcycles in limited numbers.
Source: Tragatsch p238
Lightweights powered by Villiers 98cc and 147cc two-strokes, and also Bark engines (Tragatsch suggests the Bark was built by Imperia at Bad Godesburg, but this may be an error)
Source: Tragatsch p239
Otto Rierl & Co., Präzisionswerk, Brake in Westfalen
Built lightweights with 145cc 3.5ps two-stroke engines mounted horizontally.
Sources: Tragatsch p240, motor-hist-foto.de
Manufactured by Oruk Motorradwerke AG, Chemnitz-Altendorf, Burgstraße 5.
Described as "ohne Riemen und Kette" (without belt and chain), the scooter-like machine had a 192cc two-stroke engine mounted adjacent to the rear wheel. Possibly also known as OKUR.
Sources: Tragatsch p243, motor-hist-foto.de
Manufactured by Otto Schaaf at Böhlitz-Ehrenberg near Leipzig from 1924 to 1925.
The factory was established in 1903 and produced a variety of products including crockery and small-arms which were exported to many counntries.
Their motorcycle had a water-cooled 496cc twin-cylinder engine which Otto Schaaf rode in endurance events with fine results.
Ottmar Cramer, Kleinkraftradfabrik, Untere Turmstraße 16, Nuremberg. 1923 - 1925
Ottmar Cramer was also the owner of the Lloyd Motorradfabrik, and similar JAP 250cc and 350cc machines were built under that marque.
Manufactured in Schwabach by Karl Ludwig Konrad from 1923 to 1925.
Built 125cc two-stroke motorcycles with a two-speed gearbox and block brake on the rear wheel.
Source: deacademic com
Built in Leipzig-Gohlis, 1921-1924
The motorcycle had an air-cooled two-stroke engine mounted above the front wheel, which was driven by chain. The fuel tank was mounted in front of the handlebars, above the engine.
Triumph Werke AG., Fürther Strasse 212, Nuremberg
Triumph Nuremberg split from Triumph Coventry in 1929. After legal disputes with Triumph Coventry, the German Triumph export models were initially sold under the Orial marque which resulted in action from the French company of the same name. The German Triumph company settled on the name TWN - Triumph Werke Nuremberg.
The German Orial machines were powered by M.A.G. engines of 350cc to 750cc.
See also TWN Triumph
Manufactured by Ortloff Automobil AG, Berlin, 1924-1925
Believed to have used engines from Cambra and Alba of 185cc to 198cc mounted in frames from the Berlin-based Hugo Gruhn firm.
Source: GTU Oldtimerservice
Manufactured in Munich from 1921 to 1937 by Otto-Werke GmbH, a German aircraft manufacturer.
Gustav Otto produced an auxiliary bicycle engine in 1921, followed in 1924 by motorcycles marketed under the Flottweg marque. These were also sold under the name Otto from 1928 to 1930. It is understood that they employed JAP SV engines of 198 and 293cc.
Source: wikipedia.de, Tragatsch p244.
Manufactured in the 1950s under licence from the Austrian Motoren Werke Arsenal, the 83cc ÖWA Hillfersmotor was built in the mid 1920s.
Source: Bjorn's Story
Otto Wittkopf & Sons, Nuremberg, 1927
Considered by some a masterpiece, the motorcycle was built for one year only with using a 249cc OHV single cylinder engine of their own manufacture.
An example is displayed at the Museum Industriekultur in Nürnberg
motor-hist-foto.de and das-leichtmotorrad.de are the same.
If you have a query or information about German motorcycles, please contact us
Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.