More BSA History...
1riversteward at gmail.com
1955 BSA DB32
I am looking for information regarding this BSA. It is in a local personal garage. Owner is not sure what he has. Frame: CB329955, Engine: DB32GS1732, Gearbox:RR2T AMAL M28B
How is best method of determining what year and other information/history. Thank you.
West Virginia, USA
BSA-DB32-WV.jpg posted to comments, above.
valerio.garzitto at hotmail.it
1929 H29 5.57 hp De Luxe 550cc
Any link/photo/specification available to help me to reconstruct thi bike?
horton.davidjohn at gmail.com
1940 bsa c10
I am looking for MUDGUARDS but all I can see are 1950s+ PLUNGER ones. ANY thoughts on other comparable types from other bikes or suppliers/manufacturers. I want correct restoration but not concourse
Wed, 04 Apr 2018
svincent1954 at yahoo.com
I have come across this original BSA factory decal and I would like to know what year and model it was used on. Please see attached and thank you in advance for your time. Steve
Twain Harte, Ca USA
That style of BSA logo was used in the 1930s. See for instance the BSA 1934 catalogue.
BSA-1930s-Logo.jpg posted to comments, above.
Mon, 12 Feb 2018
lloyde at albanycitymotors.com.au
bsa w35-7 1935 500cc ohv
hi do you have a exhaust valve lifter spindle,to suit this bike i have one fitted from a early 250 but it does not decompress well enough please reply regards lloyd elliott
Fri, 29 Dec 2017
paolooci at alice.it
good morning, can you please help me to recognize this model of motorbike? frame a15 a15 engine Thanks in advance Paul
BSA-1935c-A15-OHV-POc-01.jpg posted to Comments
Thu, 28 Dec 2017
daanaawyatt at gmail.com
BSA B29 Deluxe 1929
Wanting to know if anyone has any information or parts for this model.
Gloucestershire United Kingdom
Sat, 02 Dec 2017
britpacific at gmail.com
BSA 1967 Starfire
I would be interested in examples of other owners who have Starfire scramblers, trials or trail bikes especially those who have converted a standard street model into off-road. A general discussion of what was involved, problems encountered, tires, exhaust, etc.
Umpqua, Oregon USA
Fri, 24 Nov 2017
briangains at outlook.com
BSA 2.49hp 1930?
Hi I have a BSA 2.49hp engine for sale on ebay and a prospective buyer is very insistant that I give him the full engine number so he can id 'engine modifications'. Sounds a bit fishy, was your 2013 stolen m/c recovered and could the engine number be used for cloning?
West Sussex United Kingdom
Cannot answer those questions, sorry.
Mon, 02 Oct 2017
eddieplunkett71 at gmail.com
bsa not sure
I have found an old bsa motorcycle I think not sure I've tried to look up my numbers on bike but I can't find the numbers I have on the engine are c-15OS 08793 on the frame numbers are 108793 can you help me find what I have and what it might be worth thank you so much
Dickson tn USA
Photos posted in Comments
Tue, 05 Sep 2017
deanmusgrove at hotmail.com
1938 1938 bsa c10
Hi I am after some info on my grandfathers c10 bsa. it was purchased new in Melbourne Australia. I am struggling to find its original colours any help will be greatly appreciated thanks
Thu, 10 Aug 2017
gabrisx at gmail.com
My grandpa on BSA, what model and year? Thanks
Thu, 03 Aug 2017
tromp.julie at gmail.com
Heykes dearest, My name is Julie Tromp and I live in Belgium. My Aunt got a photograph out of a heritage and asked me If I know the bike displayed on it. Couldn't exactly identity it but true a asking on Facebook I stumbled on Bsa and your page. Would you be so kind to take a look at the picture, maybe you can tel me something about it. The picture should been taking in 1933. With best regards, Julie Tromp Meeuwen Belgium
Sorry, resolution is far too low to identify anything other than the registration number.
Thu Jul 13 2017
ratnayaketherika748 at gmail.com
require a crank case of BSA B30-3
Thu Apr 13 2017
ratnayaketherika748 at gmail.com
crank case of the above model
Mon Mar 13 2017
karl.76 at hotmail.co.uk
BSA 1929 B29 deluxe 250
I'm looking at buying this model to restore, did this model come with a flat tank
And how much could I get for a fully restored model
The 1929 B29 Standard 250cc did not have a flat tank. Engine and frame numbers would help identify it. For pricing please see the valuations page. Ed.
I did a bit of research on the number he gave me and it looked like it was changed at some point
Engine No B27651
Frame No B43000
Numbers do not appear to correspond with those on this list: http://www.bsaownersclub.co.uk/yearlist1921.html
Correspondent replied that he'd decided against buying it.
Sun Nov 20 2016
sudiastara at gmail.com
i need to buy generator for 1929 BSA S29 Standard 500cc
BSA 1929 BSA S29 Standard 500cc SV
please help me to buy generator for my 1929 BSA S29 500cc SV
Bali - Indonesia
Fri Jul 29 2016
sompster007 a tgmail.com
fuel tank for bsa
I. Am looking at selling a 1912. MODEL. A,b,c,d. In great condition no sings paint work fair
Sat Aug 06 2016
oceanwild6 at gmail.com
bsa 1912 unknown
any info possible,bike is complete
Please see the page on valuations
Sun Jun 26 2016
spanner_bsa1962 at hotmail.com
bsa 600 sloper ohv m35-11
Hi I am chasing a 5 bolt head and bolts for a 600 ohv twin port sloper. 1935 . Can you help in any way? Regards Rob
Sun Jan 03 2016
david.broughton at tesco.net
BSA Round Tank Magneto
BSA Roundtank B
Please can you tell me what type of magneto was fitted to the BSA Round Tank model b three speed 1924/25
Sun Dec 27 2015
jeannekbennett at verizon.net
1946 B31 Restoration
Hi. Anyone know how I can find the original tank color for my 46 BSA B31? Thanks so much
Tue Dec 01 2015
pratik.poonacement03 at gmail.com
bsa model no?
I m the owner of the bike in the picture but i m not able to recognise the model number and more of the bike.
Wed Nov 25 2015
thehixter at embarqmail.com
look for a 1946 c11 transmission
1946 bsa c11 c11
I'm looking for a 1946 c11/c12 transmission for a restoration
Wed Nov 04 2015
erniegavey at suremail.gg
Fitting amal type 276 carb.
BSA 1923 S 23
I have recently completed the 1923 Model S shown here. Here in Guernsey it is almost impossible to ride with the amac carb due to traffic and slow speeds. I saw photos on your site of a 1928 Model S with Amal carb sent in bt Robert c Sweden. Is it possible to get the details of the amal from him? as I would like to fit one on mine.
Guernsey Channel Isles.
Sat Aug 22 2015
ale.carfast at gmail.com
request approximate value and infos
bsa b35-1 250 1934
Hi, I just bought a BSA b35-1 , and I will soon start the restoring. I would like to know what will be approximately the value once fully restored, and where can I find the colours codes and maybe some spare parts. Thank you
Fri Mar 27 2015
bjohnstone at cleanair.co.za
How do i identify the year of my bsa sloper
BSA sloper side valve
need to find out year of my BSA sloper
Please send clear images of the engine and frame numbers, along with a profile image of the bike. Ed.
Sat Mar 28 2015
the_mordor9 at hotmail.com
BSA 1959 A10 Super Rocket
I have attached a few photos of my 1959 BSA Super Rocket (East coast import model). My father purchased this bike new in 1959 and it is completely correct. I restored it two years ago. It's a perfect match to the 1959 BSA brochure that you have listed.
Fri Jan 16 2015
malcolmdbryant at hotmail.com
BSA B18 light deluxe
I am trying to replace the gearbox cover as the kick start bearing pocket is damaged and unrepairable. This is a four speed hand shift gear box.
north carolina USA
Tue Sep 16 2014
andrewscott1942 at talktalk.net
Would you like this photo for your pictures
Many thanks! BSA 1930 B30/3 image: 1930 gallery
Mon Jun 16 2014
tsrsbs3 at hotmail.com
Model of bike and year
BSA Not sure
Serial# on transmission
Serial # back of Head 68-44 and 650 under numbers
Sat May 24 2014
jasminegriffin19 at telkomsa.net
bsa motorcycle year of manufacture
bsa 250cc o'head valve model c11 engine no kc11926
could you please tell me the year of manufacture
heidelberg western cape south africa
Wed Mar 12 2014
Jr68ioweu1 at aol.com
1962 bsa gss for sale
62 Rocket Gold Star Scrambler approx. 10K original
Tue Mar 11 2014
greg.ames at sbcglobal.net
looking to aquire a 1961 BSA. Dont know what model it is. Frame #A508771 Motor #A50.A.792
Sat Feb 08 2014
dbeadsmoore at yahoo.com.au BSA ?
Could anyone help to identify this BSA ?. Also any ideas if it worth anything as is or to renovate ? penrith australia English
More info in the BSA forum...
Wed Nov 20 2013
subnobile at gmail.com
richiesta scheda tecnica bsa h 20 del 47
BSA H 20 FURG del 1947
Richiedo se e' possibile inviarmi scheda tecnica della moto bsa h 20 del 1947.Vi ringrazio in anticipo.
Wed Nov 06 2013
themaccas2011 at hotmail.co.uk
Can you please supply me with your original distributors logos for the mudguards? Just refurbished this motorcycle and after enquiries you were the original distributors for this machine.
Sorry, we don't sell decals.
Thu Oct 17 2013
bsa 500cc bsaSloper
hello that such I am looking for the manual bsaSloper exploded, and is 500 cc paradsecargar have some file that I have a noce desarmaday completamenete as aj from and thanks go
Mon Oct 07 2013
BSA Sloper 500 single
I am trying to resurrect my 1930 BSA sloper 500 single, which I have not ridden in over a decade. When I dragged it out to fire it up again this year, I had some concerns about the oil levels in the engine and the transmission. As a result, I have a number of questions before I start to ride this old bike again.
1) The engine has a dip stick adjacent to the fill spout on the right hand side of the engine. It is a very long stick marked with a 1 and a 2. There is not a clear indication of the full mark, and I am trying to recall whether the 2 means 2 pints low, and the 1 means 1 pint low, or whether 2 is low and 1 is full. Can you please confirm the markings on the dip stick, and where the full mark is?
2) Also, there is a plug with a fibre washer on the left side of the engine casing beneath the crank. I suspected that this is a drain plug for the crankcase, but when I opened it, only a small amount of oil ran out of it, despite the fact that the dip stick is still over the 1 mark, so I now suspect that this drain plug is either clogged (I did fish a wire through there) or that it does not communicate with the reservoir supported by the filler spout and dip stick on the right side of the engine. So, now I am confused. Exactly what did I drain out of this drain plug, and how and where do I replace this lubricant, and how much do I add (is there a level plug somewhere)?
3) There is a very small tube inlet that angles back towards the rear, on the left side of the engine, high above the crank that appears to have had a metal tab to lock a knurled wheel or knob (although my knob is missing). I suspect that this is a device for oiling the primary chain, but I am not certain what this is for.
4) Could you please provide a complete primer on all lubrication resevoirs and fill, level, and drain plugs and locations of each, for the engine and transmission on a 1930 BSA Sloper 500 single.
5) I would also appreciate a recommendation for all appropriate fluids to use in each location.
6) Finally, there is a dial indicator on a knurled knob on the right side of the engine, close to the dip stick tube. I suspect that this adjusts the amount of oil distributed to the crank bearings, but I would also appreciate a primer on how to set and adjust this meter as well.
7) Do you have any technical manuals, or workshop manuals for this bike that you could share with me, or a source for me to acquire these manuals? I would be happy to reimburse any costs associated with reproducing them if you (or anyone else ) can assist.
I am really excited to ride this old bike, so any and all advice that can be sent promptly is genuinely appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Boston, MA, USA
Here's a video clip of the bike. Please excuse the gear crunching as I had not yet adjusted the clutch!
Thank you so much for your prompt response, as I am so excited to finally ride this bike.
I will try to take a photo or two to send you when I am next out to my warehouse, but I do not have one yet. I have sent you the maiden voyage video in the meantime!
I have made some progress since I wrote these questions.
Consequently, my inquiry has changed somewhat as well.
I have learned the following since writing my original questions.
1) The dipstick appears to be marked 0, 1 & 2, so I suspect that this references the number of pints that the crankcase is in need of. Also, I found a "full" mark on the filler port, which appears to coincide with the 0 mark on the dipstick, so I believe that I have solved that issue.
2) The plug on the left side of the engine case is still confusing me. Apparently there are two plugs with fibre washers beneath the crankshaft level, so I now suspect that the lower one is a drain plug and the upper one is a level plug. However, I am confused as to what is lubricated by these plugs as it seems to be separate from the fill reservoir on the right side of the engine for two reasons. a) The level plug appears to be considerably lower on the case than the fill line and dipstick full level, and b) why would you need a level plug on an engine with a dipstick? In either case, what does this area lubricate, and how do I fill it (through the level plug?)
3) I believe that the tube (which is actually cast into the engine case) and angled back on the left side of the engine is a device to adjust the amount of oil that is distributed to the primary chain case, but I appear to me be missing the adjuster device as there is no knob to turn, just the hole and a spring steel locking tab, which I suspect is intended to rest against the knurled adjuster knob.
4) I would still appreciate a primer on all lubrication cavities, fill, level and drain locations, and recommendations of proper lubricants for each cavity, especially the primary chain, as I suspect that the clutches are supposed to be wet, and I know that non-hypoid is preferred for wet clutches, but I doubt that these were available in 1930. I have been told that a straight non detergent 30 weight is suitable for this area? The primary chain case does not appear to be leakproof, so I am now wondering if it is intended to be dry with only periodic lubrication form the oiler described above, as opposed to being submerged in an oil bath like more modern bikes.
5) I am now reasonably certian that the dial indicator on the right side behind the dipstick, is an oil pump adjuster for lubrication of the main bearings, but once again, I would like to confirm this fact, and how to properly adjust it, so that I do not damage the engine or bearings.
6) There is also a plunger type piston on the right side of the engine which "pops" out when the engine is running. I suspect that this is an indicator for the rider to confirm that there is adequate oil pressure. Please confirm how this is used and how it is read. Does the rider reset it during riding, or would low oil pressure allow it to collapse on its own?
7) I would be extremely grateful if you could reproduce and send the manual to me.
8) proper clutch adjustment to avoid gearbox grinding when accessing first or second from neutral.
Thank you so much for your offer to help.
I also sent a separate request this morning with regard to the serial number sequence on a 1921 Monet & Goyon Three Wheeled motorcycle. I cannot properly read the first digit, and although thye bike was transferred to me with a "6" as the first digit, it appears to be a "g" or some other letter or dgit. Do you know what letter or digit these bikes typically had as the first digit on the serial number?
Thank you so much for all of your help and advice. I really appreciate it.
Matchbox Motors Microcar, Minicar & Motorcycle Museum
c/o Charles Gould
163 Country Club Road
Newton, Massachusetts 02459
Sorry, cannot find a manual for this one. Try here: Books and Manuals
Wed Oct 02 2013
not sure of the year of my bsa bantam
bsa super bantam 176cc
does anyone know what year my bantam is? and how many where made that year? chassis no. is d76909 engine no. is ed71131 thank you mark
Tue Apr 09 2013
any info on the b50ss models or where to find info
Wed Mar 20 2013
How to identify year of my BSA
BSA ZB31 12934 ( frame numbers)
I have a BSA single cylinder,rigid frame and was wondering how to identify the year. Also the engine numbers are ZB33.12588
Fri May 03 2013
Head gasket for 4Cyl 1930 BSA
BSA 1930 three-wheeler
I have a 4-cyl flathead 1930 BSA three-wheeler, and before I take off the head, would like to have a head gasket available.
LAS VEGAS NV USA
Tue Feb 26 2013
need info on 1936 bsa
Hi, I'm trying to sell 1936 bsa inhereted from father. I have no idea how much its worth, and would like to find out some info so I know what I'm talking about when I do sell it. So it hasn't been started in a long time. Also I see there's different models, I know its a 500cc but I don't know if there's and variations on the 500cc. Any feedback at all would be great. Thank you.
las vegas, nevada
Sun Jan 20 2013
I am looking for a high resolution photo of a 1965 BSA 650
If you have a query about BSA motorcycles or have information about these classic British machines, please contact us