First built in 1924 the "QUATTRO VALVOLE" was the first Grand Prix machine produced by Guzzi and it marked a return to the original designers engine layout.. It was one of the fastest "half litre" bikes in the world, winning many major honours including the first European championship. This is one of two bikes imported into Australia by Boro & Franki Fiat agents in the Newcastle area approx 130 miles from Sydney NSW in the 20s.
We purchased this bike many years ago in the 1990s.. the previous owner had owned/ rallied & raced the bike & had it in his ownership for 48 years.. Guzzi quattro valves are very rarely offered for sale. The front wheel on this machine is incorrect. However, we have the original 21" front wheel complete with all brakes & the rare front tyre still fitted. The original OLYMPIC "SPEEDSTER" TYRE.. This was swapped for a 19" rim wheel for ease of replacing tyres in the 1960s..
Note Credit misplaced.