Triumph, BMW, & Kawasaki Sales Spares & Repairs.
Established for over 40 years and run by expert motorcyclists.
Fully authorised workshop.
The company began as Edward Lycett Ltd making bicycle saddles in the latter part of the 1800s. The company had, in 1893, premises at 105 Yardley Road, then the following year a new factory at 161 Adderley Street with offices at 164 Deritend, Birmingham - at the southern edge of the city centre. By 1909 there were additional premises at 'The Saddlery' Bromley Street and Allcock street. Around the late 20s to early 30s a further address at Arthur Street near the Birmingham City football ground was established. A 1902 advert shows the company as Edward Lycett Ltd, then in 1903 as The Lycett Saddle And Motor Accessory Co Ltd and likewise a March 1904 advert, but in a June 1904 advert 'Accessory' has become 'Accessories'
Lycett Saddle and Motor Accessory Co., Ltd.
We are informed by the above company that they will be exhibiting several new designs in motor cycle saddles, motor cycle toolbags, accumulator cases, and motor holdalls. Also that a great feature on this stand will be specimens of Lycett's Rawido belt and patent connection, and a sample of Lycett's motor carrier and mudguard combined.
The Motor Cycle, November 18th, 1903. p801
Stanley Show 1903